Historic

Historic Renovation Projects

HarenLaughlin utilizes our extensive construction knowledge to revitalize tired buildings, adding a fresh face to developments and new life to historic spaces. We perform the renovation of existing space with craftsmanship and attention to detail that is unparalleled.

Seeing how a building is reborn through the process will be a source of pride not just for us, but for you as well.

Historic Preservations
Versed in the requirements necessary to maximize available historic preservation tax credits, our team has provided significant contributions to the revitalization of the Hyde Park community with our ongoing historic renovation work. Our work and fine quality craftsmanship revive these landmarks to their former glory.

Ambassador Lofts

The refurbished 10-story Ambassador building is located in midtown and is part of Kansas City’s rich architectural history. The project created 114 units. HarenLaughlin restored the masonry, elevators, and the fireplace in the lobby. A new fire sprinkler system was installed. The roof received all necessary upgrades.

Congress Lofts

The Congress building consists of lofts and retail space. It is a five-story historical renovation in Kansas City around 36th & Broadway. The building contains 53 units including covered parking, rooftop sundeck and fitness room. A portion of the existing parking garage has been converted into split-level loft units. The rest of the garage has 94 parking stalls for tenants and visitors.

East 9 at Pickwick

The restoration of East 9 at Pickwick Plaza utilizes the former Pickwick Plaza Hotel. Originally built in 1930 the Pickwick has a lengthy history, including one of Harry Truman’s frequent stops and is also the opening scene In Cold Blood. East 9 at Pickwick Plaza consists of 260 units and 32,000 square feet of retail space. All of the windows have been restored and installed.

Norman School Lofts

Norman School Lofts are in the Valentine neighborhood of Kansas City, MO. The property contains the Norman School which was constructed in 1898. The main building was converted from a schoolhouse into luxury studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom apartments. There are two additional annexes built to the East and West of the main building that house more apartments.